Sunday, September 24, 2006

Brought to you by a laptop and a retro couch

It's so rare that I log in to Blogger from a different computer that it takes at least 5 tries before I get the right password. Today, I got it on the second try. Go me!

Was visiting BoingBoing today, and came across this. Figured I had to share it. Related yet unrelated, I'm thinking of going to Chile instead of Spain. Hell, if I want to move there, shouldn't I go and visit first? Of course, if I go to Spain, I can stay on for the summer and travel around Europe.

Also, I've been staring at the cover of Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood for a while, and I've decided that I want to be a full-blooded japanese beauty, with angled features and wide eyes. Although, seeing as the plastic surgery for this would cost more than I'll earn in my lifetime, I'll settle for being immortalized as an anime character.

Well, shit. I knew the Dead Sea Scrolls were coming to Seattle soon, but it turns out they just arrived yesterday. That was sooner than I thought. Since they go away in December, I might just have to borrow Brent's car for a day and go down to see them. Also, Femke Hiemstra is having a show in Seattle in the spring. Orrr in Vancouver - MARCH 8 & 9, 2007: 'Ladies only' art show, visual art by intermational female artists at the Tart Gallery, #C8-238 E. 10th Ave, Vancouver, Canada www.thetartgallery.com. Jessica, where are you?? I know you'd be up to these road trips at the drop of a hat. Goal for the year: Find unabashed lover of all things wonderful with too much free time, and maybe a car.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm killing time. Three hours from now I'll head to the train station, 7 hours from now Brent will pick me up and take me home. From there, who knows? But right now I'm going mad with boredom, drinking too much Diet Coke, and trying to be patient with my oh-so-tiny music selection.

No comments: