Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This Break Between Work and Class Kills Me

1) I can be very critical of Bollywood, thanks. The dialogue is ridiculously cliche (thanks blogger for not recognizing the d. and c. words I just used!), the plots are painfully dull, and yes, the entire point of the movie is to show off how well the actors dance and how pretty they look in as many outfits as the budgets will allow. Also, the hit music that comes out of the films is incredibly repetitive, with just one line (Fanah, Chaiyya Chaiyya, Kajra Re, etc.) repeated ad nauseum until 5 minutes go by and the song ends.

But that doesn't stop me from loving it!

(I also just spent about 15 minutes watching all those songs I just listed on YouTube.)

2) The month of November is a fabulous time to take on challenges (according to the Internet). Last year I participated in NaBloPoMo. That was a pain in the ass because I never had anything to say - kind of the same reason why I didn't try to write a novel (see: NaNoWriMo). I ended up writing things like "I think my brother's friend is cute. I also have a test tomorrow." Blech, boring. So this November I will be following along with Matthew Baldwin's NaNoReMo. "We" are reading Catch-22, which I loved, and I figure reading it will be far better than devoting hours a day to japanese soaps (one more episode and I'll be done with Kimi wa Petto!) If you're at all interested, the reading guide can be found here.

No comments: