Monday, December 26, 2005

Because Food is Life

There are many highlights to my day, but I think the best one so far has been the food. For breakfast there were crackers with salami and cheese. Yes, I have been eating this for days in a row for weeks on end, and no, I am not sick of it yet. The same goes for cinnamon-raisin english muffins with cream cheese, which I had two of. Sure, this all doesn't exactly fit into the food pyramid, but come on! It's the Christmas season! It's time to let go and eat.... well... the same foods I always do. But in larger quantities!!

Yesterday, my grandmother complained loudly and consistently about how she "went wrong" while raising her kids. Yes, my father and uncle have failed her by not producing a minister. In fact, I think they've turned her expectations completely around and now, instead of making her friends jealous during their regular gossip sessions, where they compare whose kids love the lord the most, my grandmother now has to sit still, keep her trap shut, and hope someone changes the subject to spouses and their lingering deaths soon. Because on that subject, hell, that old lady can outdo anyone.

1 comment:

mathpoet said...

w00t for over-zealous religious grandmothers!