Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pray if you want, there's no way out

I am loving this extra hour of sleep. Put it down on paper - my vote has officially been cast to make this a weekly occurance. Who cares if the whole point is to conserve daylight? I need to conserve sleep.

By the way. Dried apple chips are not the best food to eat first thing in the morning. Wheat Thins, however, are good at any time of day. They're mildly salty and the grainy-gooey texture once you get a good chew into them is just fantastic.

Yesterday was Brent's birthday. We headed out down home around noon and hung out with the family for a good 4 or 5 hours. And you know what? No one tried to kill each other. Scott has bronchitis, so he can't talk very well. I think that had a lot to do with it. Rather than hold the conversation in thrall of how amazing his life is, we all got a chance to steer the topics where we wanted. We got my mom to cry from laughter. Every last one of us ate all the food we ordered (yup, even me. Shock!) It was the kind of family dinner that I've never believed could actually occur.

It's probably been going on this way for years, but I'm finally in a place where I can recognize it.

10:30 am update: Next time I decide it's a good idea to take a spoon and eat Nutella straight from the jar, someone, anyone, please stop me.

No comments: