Friday, November 18, 2005

Celebrity Minds

As frustrating and emotionally harrowing my Criminal Justice class is, I'm going to miss it when it's gone. I'm going to miss Inverarity, with his uncontrollable gray hair that wobbles over his head as he stutters his way through a lecture. The way he throws in such random, ridiculous comments as "Ignore Louisiana, it's a southern state." and "If you have cancer, you're going to die. That's not interesting." His absolute nonchalance about whether you come to class or not, yet demands perfection from those who have never sat through a lecture.

But most of all, I'm going to miss the study nights before exams. The 1 am trips to IHOP for three pots of coffee that is guaranteed to make me sick the next day. Last night was a conglomeration of spanish, logic, literature, and criminal justice. Conversation topics ranged from the current conditions of jails, Offspring, the relationship between math and logic, Dora the Explorer, relatives with quirks, drinking, and conjugating verbs in portuguese. Those nights, I learn more in one sitting than I do for the next three weeks.

No comments: