Monday, February 19, 2007

I Love Love

Anyway, new plan for tomorrow. .... Goddamn, just as I started filling in all the mental gaps in my plan, I came across one irritating obstacle. Geology Lab. Arrgh, I hate being on campus until 4. So now I guess the plan is to sleep in and go to the gym at 4, and maybe beat back this funk that's settling in with a good long sweaty workout. And this music mix I've made for myself over the course of the last 5 days? I will never turn it off.

Read that wonderful kid's book, Holes, today. Luh-luh-loved it. Be careful, Chelsea, it was only a month ago you abandoned your studies to take on His Dark Materials and Howl's Moving Castle. Well written children's books = love. Meh, actually, I think I'll just take my copy of Catch-22 out of Irene's room and start that again.

Here's a list of all the books strewn about my floor that I refuse to put away because I actually think I'm going to pick each one up and finish/read it front-to-back in the next few days:
Accidental Empires - Robert X. Cringley
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - John Perkins
Naked Economics - Charles Wheelan
Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
How Soccer Explains the World - Franklin Foer
Eva Luna - Isabel Allende (the spanish text)
The Impossible Will Take a Little While - Paul Rogat Loeb (and contributing authors)
The General in His Labyrinth - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

So actually my life is not revolving around books these days, or bollywood movies, or any of those things that I like to obsess about fervently in this little patch of cyberspace. It's because I don't have the time for them that I just love to write, write, write about the silly little lists I'm forming. I'm more preoccupied with my Ikea plant, which has grown too tall for this lack of sun and is now too weak to hold itself up. It's got bright purple flowers and pink spots on the leaves, just like in its days of prime during the summer, only the stalks are too thin and spend their time draped across my desk. Hey, sun! Come back out! My Ikea buddy here needs some nutrients, and I'm dying for a nice long bike ride that won't leave me with a hacking chest cough after.

Last night, fed up with baking and being sick, I hung out with the old Green House Group. We watched this awfully fantastic movie called Ravenous. Watch it. The soundtrack and the ending fight scenes are literally the best I have ever seen a movie come up with. Also, every time I feel like creeping someone out, I'm going to start wiggling my fingers around and making drum beat sounds.

Please don't ask me how studying went today. I just really don't want to talk about it.

No comments: