Friday, March 16, 2007

Peru Peru Peru!

I'll be embarking on a Friday night St. Patty's Day Pre-funk Adventure pretty soon here, but I felt like sharing something with you all. If you can't figure it out from the blog title, you're dumb.

I'm going to Peru this summer!

I guess there wasn't really any doubt whether it was going to work or not. Private programs like that take anyone who applies and is willing to pay the fee. But I just got the acceptance letter 45 minutes ago and went crazy looking up plane tickets and schedules. I can get to Lima for $715, round trip. Check it, that is $45 less than it was going to cost me to get to Georgia, had my parents not used their air miles. Make sense? Hell no. Crazy cool? Definitely.

So the next couple weeks or so, I'm going to be doing a giddy little Spanish dance in my head at all times. If I seem quiet or distracted, it's because I'm daydreaming about snow and alpacas and drinking beer and kayaking and finding the perfect piece of Andes Mountain Andesite for Ryan.

No comments: