Friday, April 27, 2007

After a 10 hour nap

"I'm at a loss, you were my tangerine,
my pussycat, my trampoline" -Dog Problems, The Format

The best bit of going to Kyla's wedding back in March was the realization that my parents had joined the rest of the world and signed up for On Demand. I haven't watched Music Video programming since.. oh God... not since seventh grade of Junior High when I actually came home from school and demanded that my brothers change the channel to MTV. You know, so I could see who was in the #1 slot on TRL. So when I realized On Demand has an entire cache of music videos (without all those nasty commercials and DJs) I kind of blew a gasket. I watched every damn video they had, with especial love for The Format video (a sock puppet crying about a lost love! with a top hat!)
After spending all afternoon with Ryan Burrell, a friend from the days of MTV love, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for Federal Way. Actually, it's not really nostalgia. It's an actual hopeful, kind of excited outlook about going back to the F-Dub this summer. I'll have On Demand. I'll have an entire slew of old high school friends to track down. I'll have Redondo! That blessed bit of half-mile boardwalk is just begging me to come back.

No comments: