Sunday, April 15, 2007

Some things of interest only to myself

I love taking pictures of myself when I'm drunk. I also love having my picture taken while drunk.
I have an entire folder of photos of myself entitled "Narcissism".
I love talking about myself. I love writing about myself, as witnessed by this blog.
I love sitting and thinking about how wonderful and cool I think I am.

I hate admitting that I'm completely, 100% self-involved.
I hate when people compliment me because I really don't like being talked about. I want to do the talking. You do the listening. Then you can follow up my monologue with one about yourself.
I hate that I spent the greater portion of this gorgeous day either working or laying in bed, trying to sleep as long as possible.
I hate that I didn't get to ride my bike in the sun today (going to work doesn't count.)

I dislike that my coworker likes to complain about her life and how hard people make it for her. It makes me want to do the same, which I resent, and I end up sullenly grunting off her comments by the end of the shift.

I also dislike my messed up dye job. And that I don't want to tempt it more by trying to fix it. Bad hair I can live with, horrifying hair I'd shave completely off. Going the way of Britney is never an acceptable path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I want to do the talking. You do the listening. Then you can follow up my monologue with one about yourself."


ahahahahahahaha.. this is why we get along so well.