Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bay City Creamery

If one looks off to the right of this post, you'll see the archive system. Look how many posts I've made in 2007! Especially compared to previous years! I noticed that last time I wrote something. With that in mind, I'm going to try to pick up the pace for these last 3.5 months of the year.

I've moved in and unpacked and settled down, minus a few really irritating things. I left my plants at home, and my full-length mirror, and my PS2(aka DVD player). Also, the bank is being irritating and won't make the funds for my room&board check available until the 14th. I'm living off beer and bread, paid for with Brent's gas money, waiting for my work to call me back and give me hours so I can feel at least marginally comfortable with spending money. The car is officially off limits until the 14th, which means my bike? It's getting some love.

After BRAG and a few half-hearted attempts to commute by bike to the Community Center (which fell through the window the same day I started working at 5 am), Rot Roja got left behind in the garage. Since arriving back in the 'Ham, I've picked up an air pump and regular pedals and given her a small tune-up, so she simply flies down these streets and purrs encouragement while climbing hills. My bike and I, we have a wonderful relationship. Until she gets her next flat.

I'm trying to spend the whole day downtown. I'm on a quest for two posters: a GIANT map of Bellingham to stretch over my bed, with which I will plan my daily routes to various locales, and a Renaissance-esque voluptuous woman with filmy see-through clothing to put in the living room (like the one my former roommate had.)

You'll be pleased to know that I am using the Internet for more constructive purposes than usual. Since returning from Peru, I've been sick. A lot. In ways that are really gross and I've actually lost quite a bit of weight, but still, it needs to end. So it's finally come to this. I've got to find a doctor in Bellingham, preferably one without cold fingers and a penchant for taking my temperature the old-fashioned way. I think I'm going to look up a dentist while I'm at it.

Final bit of news before I go buy more coffee (and maybe a sandwich)! Irene called this morning, it's official, we're going to Mardi Gras! She's flying me down on a Saturday, I'll be there for the Official Day of Mardi Gras (according to the City of New Orleans website), spend Wednesday being hungover, and fly home early Thursday morning. Four days of class for an extra-long weekend with Irene in the South? Hell, even if I miss all my midterms for this, it's worth it.

No comments: