Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Growing Dreds

My hair's getting long. I haven't had long hair since junior high, so I don't remember much of what it was like. Now, I'm starting to realize that my hair is not at all the same as it used to be.

Take, for example, how often I need to wash it. I like washing my hair every day. But if I do, it gets frizzy and under-nourished. I still take showers (come on, ew) but I have to wait to use the shampoo and conditioner combo for every other day, maybe even every third.

But what really bothers me is my cow lick. I've always hated it, always tried to cover it up. But apparently my hair doesn't like being told to go somewhere else. I've spent the last two hours on this couch, reading or using the internet with one hand, and playing with my scalp with the other hand. If I move the roots of my hair in different directions, it hurts. Not really badly, but it's like poking a bruise. Not exactly pleasant, but interesting all the same.

Tomorrow I'll wash it and see if it goes away.

No comments: