Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Front Porch Happenings

Anyone who talks to me for any period of time knows that my front porch is the hangout spot. Tonight just proves my point.

Nick and I were doing our thing, kicking back and conserving heat, smoking cigarettes and watching the cars. Previously to this, I made the world's most delicious imitation asian food meal, but I won't go into that. We've got our drinks, Nick's got his cloves, and we barely manage to get anything lit before realizing that, shit, Chelsea's lighter is out of fuel. 'Course, we had a whole 5-10 minutes before this would become a problem. Relax, life will resolve itself.

And so it did.

Our friend Random Bellingham Bum stopped by and asked for a smoke. He told us about Iggy Pop playing downtown tonight. He sang a song about liquor and drugs. Every other phrase ended with "you dig it?" He stole my unopened Coke. But you know what? It was worth it. I bummed a lighter from a bum.

It's yellow and simple. I'm going to cherish it always.

No comments: