Wednesday, November 29, 2006

3 layers and counting

4:50 this morning I hear my favorite sound: Latin Loops, that beautiful Verizon Wireless ringtone that blares only at 4:50, no other time. It helps me recognize that with this alarm, there is no shitting around. Get up, get going, more your ass or you're going to be late.
I had to drag my poor self out of my warm haven and out into the semi-cold of the house. Actually, it wasn't so bad this morning. The gas bill will probably be $100+, but it's all worth it to be able to walk downstairs and start making breakfast without forcing myself to find my slippers first. My room is strewn with long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts and scarves and gloves and coats. I can't even begin to think, even now, of where exactly those fuzzy slippers have gone.
Rode my bike to work. Nothing special there, really, except for the 2+ inch layer of ice on the ground. I went flying the second I got off Lakeway, but it was fantastic. The risk of falling makes it all the more fun, especially since there weren't any cars on the road to worry about.
At work, a total of 5 people showed up by the time I left 3 hours later. We spent most of the time sitting around eating pizza and dabbling our feet in the hottub. There was a half-hour gap in which we searched for ideal husbands in the Level III Sex Offender lists. My guy lives in a van somewhere on Cornwall. All you ladies interested, back off. There are at least 15 in Ferndale for you to choose from, leave mine alone!
I'm taking this laptop with me to Econ today. There's no way I'd be able to stay awake without it.
Also, upgraded my Netflix account to 3 at a time. I'm very excited. Bollywood overdose, here I come!
Speaking of which, Indian Babu is a weird one. Take your chances if you must, but Koi Mil Gaya and Kal Ho Naa Ho are still the best ones yet.

No comments: